|Guavagoto Cocktail <3|
Thursday, December 3, 2020
Tuesday, October 6, 2020
I'm always game for North Indian food, especially if it is Punjabi cuisine, then nothing like it. I recently received a box full of happiness from NH7 Refuel and enjoyed a wonderful spread after so many months. When a darling friend of mine, Sheetal wanted me to try their food I had few questions on my mind about the delivery, freshness, and quality of the food as this restaurant is located at Devanahalli, close to BIAL. All my worries were gone in a jiff when I received the well-packed paper containers from the restaurant. All the dishes were so flavorful and finger-licking good.
I loved the stuffed tikkas (Chicken and Paneer) which had a beautiful charred flavor. The tandoori items had a salad and mint chutney as accompaniments. The Saag and Makki di Roti combo was simply divine with a spoon full of butter and jaggery. Their Dal Makhani, Chicken Punjabi, and Murgh Methi Chaman were cooked to perfection with the right amount of fat. I enjoyed it with the super delicious Mushroom Biryani and Butter Naan.
A good meal has to end on a sweet note and I tried their Gajar Ka Halwa. The Halwa was very different from the ones I had tried in the past. The right amount of sweetness and melt-in-the-mouth texture made it a great dessert. I wish they had added more nuts for a crunchy feel.
Overall the meal I tried from NH7 Refuel was a delightful experience. The restaurant is open for Dine-in as well and it's a great halt option for people who are looking for a short drive to Nandi Hills or towards the airport area. If you are not comfortable stepping out from home, then opt for home delivery.
For more details, check out NH7 Refuel
For more information/ home delivery contact - +91 9945243000
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
- Crush Coriander seeds and pepper (no need to make a fine powder).
- Wash and clean the lamb chops and marinate it with all the sauces, vinegar, salt, chilli powder, finely chopped ginger and garlic, and Coriander - pepper mix (use 1 tbsp and reserve the pending for cooking). Adjust the quantity of spices or sauces according to your taste.
- Keep the lamb chops for marination for at least half an hour (overnight marination is best).
- In a grill pan, heat oil and add the lamb chops.
- Keep turning every few mins by adding Coriander - Pepper mix, till the lamb chops are cooked according to your preference/ charred nicely.
- Once the lamb chops are ready, take it out from the grill pan and keep it aside.
- Scrap the pan with a spatula and add 2 cups of water. Once sauce starts boiling, add the corn flour mix.
- Add the lamb chops to the pan and coat well with the sauce. Add the remaining Coriander - pepper powder to the sauce.
- Switch of the flame and keep it closed for 15 mins before serving.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds (optional).
Wednesday, September 2, 2020
- Marinate Chicken with all the spices, vinegar and salt. Adjust the quantity of spices according to your taste.
- Keep it for marination for at least half an hour (overnight marination is best).
- In a flat pan, heat oil (on low flame) and add the chicken pieces
- Add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Cover it with a lid and flip the pieces every 2-3 mins.
- Fry till chicken pieces are done and crispy outside.
- Take out the Chicken pieces and crumbs and remove excess oil using a kitchen napkin.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp chilli powder.
- Serve it hot with rice or chapati.
Tuesday, August 4, 2020
- Wash and clean fish pieces. In the last rinse add a spoon of Vinegar and wash fish pieces. This will help to avoid any strong smell.
- In a blender, grind Ginger, garlic, pepper, turmeric powder, chilli powder, shallots, vinegar, and salt. Add water gradually and make a smooth paste.
- Sprinkle some salt on the fish pieces.
- Apply masala evenly on fish pieces. Coat well and marinate it for 20-30 mins.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan (preferably flat pan) and place the curry leaves strands on it.
- Place the fish pieces on the griddle and fry it on low flame for about 3 mins on each side.
- Keep frying till the masala coated on fish slices looks crunchy.
- Once both sides are cooked, turn off the heat and remove from the pan after 1-2 mins.
- Enjoy this fish fry with rice and curry or just with some fresh salad on the side.
Friday, July 31, 2020
Sheer Khurma Recipe
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, heat the milk. Stir occasionally.
- Once the milk starts boiling, add condensed milk, sugar and combine well.
- In another pan, heat clarified butter/ghee and fry the nuts and dry fruits.
- In the same pan, add nylon vermicelli and fry till golden brown in color. Do not over fry it.
- To the boiling milk, add cardamon powder and fried nuts and dry fruits (Preserve some dry fruits for garnishing). Stir well for 2 mins.
- Add the fried Vermicelli. Stir and cook for 5 mins.
- Once the Vermicelli is cooked well, add rose water and turn of the flame and close it with a lid. Leave it aside for 10 mins.
- You can serve the Sheer Khurma hot or chilled. Before serving garnish the dessert bowl with dry fruits, nuts, pistachios and saffron strands (optional).
Monday, July 27, 2020
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves and sliced onions and saute for 1-2 mins on a low-med flame. Add 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Add green chillies, ginger, and garlic and saute till onions become soft.
- Add Turmeric powder and stir well.
- In a small bowl combine coriander powder, fenugreek powder, pepper powder, and red chilli powder with 1-2 spoons of water. Make a paste form. Add this paste to the pan and stir well.
- Add Kashmiri Chilli powder and combine everything together. Stir for few seconds and add Kudampuli pieces.
- Add 3/4 -1 cup water and bring it to a boil.
- Once the gravy starts boiling, adjust salt, and add prawns. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Remove the lid and cook for a minute and add thick coconut milk.
- Once bubbles start forming, add some curry leaves and switch of the flame.
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Firecracker Chicken Recipe
- In a bowl add chicken pieces, salt, and pepper powder. Crack in one egg, add cornflour, and mix everything well. Keep it aside for 15 mins.
- In a small bowl, add the hot sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and red chilli flakes and whisk it well.
- Heat oil in a pan and once the oil is hot add chicken pieces one by one. Once the lower part turns brown in color, turn the chicken pieces. Fry till golden brown on both sides.
- If you are frying in two batches, after frying the second batch, take out the chicken pieces combine it with the first batch fried chicken and put it in hot oil again for a few seconds. This way the chicken pieces will remain crunchy.
- Heat a wok/pan, add the prepared sauce, and toss the chicken pieces in it. Make sure all the pieces are coated well with the sauce. Garnish with Spring onion and serve it hot with fried rice or Hakka noodles.
Veg Fried Rice
- Heat oil in a wok and add the vegetables and sprinkle some salt.
- Saute till the vegetables become soft. Keep the flame high.
- For making this process fast, cover it for 2 mins (on medium flame).
- Once the veggies are done, add cooked rice and add salt. Do not put too much salt as Soya sauce contains salt.
- Saute for a min and add pepper powder, soya sauce, and vinegar. Combine well and turn off the heat. Garnish it with chopped spring onion and celery.
- Serve it hot.
Monday, July 20, 2020
For garam masala
To make Green Chutney (Masala)
Andhra Chilli Chicken Preparation
- In a large bowl, add washed and cleaned chicken pieces.
- To this add Turmeric powder, Kashmiri Chilli powder, Green paste and salt. Keep it for marination for min 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions. Add salt. Stir it till the onions become translucent or turn light brown in color. Add some curry leaves.
- Reduce the flame to low -medium and add the marinated Chicken pieces. Mix well and stir for 2 mins. Add the green chillies, combine well and cover and cook for few mins.
- Once all the juices (water) starts coming out from the Chicken, remove the lid and stir occasionally till oil starts appearing.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the garam masala powder.
- Check the salt and spice level at this point. Add green chillies if you need it 'super spicy'.
- Mix 1 tsp corn flour with 3 tbsps of lukewarm water and add this to the Chicken masala.
- Add lemon juice and turn of the heat.
- Serve it hot with Rice, Chapathi or paratha.
Thursday, July 16, 2020
- In a bowl, mix everything.
- Make sure there are no lumps. Batter should be like Dosa batter consistency.
- Dip banana slices one at a time and gently drop in the hot oil.
- Cook it on low flame till both sides become golden brown.
- Remove fritters from the oil and keep it on a kitchen towel to avoid any excess oil.
- Serve hot with tea/coffee.
Saturday, June 27, 2020
- Clean, devein and wash the Prawns. Before the last rinse, add a spoon full of vinegar to it and rinse well. This will help to reduce any strong seafood smell.
- In a pan add Prawns, 1/2 tsp Turmeric, 1 tsp Kashmiri/ regular Chilli Powder and Salt. Combine well and add 1/4 cup water to it. Cook the Prawns on medium flame till it's boiled (approximately 3-4 mins). Remove the excess water and keep it aside.
- In a blender, crush red chillies, shallots by adding little bit salt. Do not add water.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves. To this add the shallots- red chilli mix and chopped garlic. Fry till the shallots turn light brown in colour.
- Add the remaining turmeric powder, Kashmiri Chilli powder and fry for few seconds.
- Adjust salt and add Tamarind extract. Stir well.
- Add the cooked Prawns and fry for few mins. Add few spoons of oil to make the process faster and to avoid Prawns from over cooking. Fry till you get a crispy texture.
- Add Garam masala and combine well. Turn of the heat and serve the Prawns hot with rice and curry.
- Wash the fish cubes thoroughly.
- In a bowl add fish cubes, ajwain, and asafoetida. Mix well.
- Add turmeric, ginger garlic paste, and 1 tsp chilli powder.
- In a small bowl mix besan and rice powder. Add this flour gradually to the fish pieces. Once you get the desired consistency ( I used almost 3 tbsp of besan and rice powder mix), add lemon juice and remaining chilli powder. Add salt and mix well.
- Leave it aside for 15-20 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadai on low - medium flame and add fish pieces. Once it is fried well, take out from the oil and keep in on a kitchen tissue. Then after 2 mins once the oil is hot again, switch it to high flame and fry the fish pieces again. This double frying method will add the crunch factor to it. Once it is done take out from the oil.
- Garnish with some chilli powder, chaat masala, and coriander leaves. Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup :)
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
- Using a blender, grind Banana and sugar to a smooth paste.
- Grease the cake tin with oil and line the bottom with parchment paper. Keep it aside
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder
- To the dry ingredients add banana+ sugar mix, vegetable oil and mix well.
- Add milk, vinegar (or lemon juice) and water and combine well.
- Add chopped walnuts and mix again and transfer to the cake tin.
- Garnish with some walnuts.
- Gently tap the cake tin twice to avoid the air bubbles.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C and bake the cake for 25-35 mins.
- Insert a tooth pick or knife in the center of cake, if it comes out clean, leave it to rest for 5 mins in the cake mould before transferring to a wire rack.
- Once the cake cool down, slice it and enjoy this super delicious cake with a hot cup of tea/coffee.
Thursday, May 14, 2020
- In a bowl, whisk hung/set yogurt.
- To the yogurt, add condensed milk, mango puree, and cardamom powder. Whisk well to ensure no lumps are there.
- Transfer the Aam Doi mix to a bowl/claypot in which you want to steam and cover it using aluminium foil.
- Heat water in the steamer and once water is hot, place the bowl(s) and cover it with a lid. Steam the mango mix for 20-30 mins.
- Once Aam Bhapa Doi is ready, take out from the steamer and leave it to cool down. Bring it to room temperature.
- Refrigerate Aam Bhapa Doi for 6-8 hours before consuming.
- Before serving garnish the dessert with chopped pistachios and mango pieces.