I love spicy food and this recipe is very close to my heart. The first time I had Andhra Chilli Chicken is from a restaurant in Bengaluru and guess what, this is one popular dish among namma ooru's foodies. A very easy to make Chicken recipe with handful of ingredients. The key ingredients are green chillies and green masala. The green masala is nothing but green chutney I make. For recipe video, check out my IGTV (@soumyagopi).
Chicken - 1 kg
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri Chilli powder - 3/4 tsp
Green Chillies - 15- 25 nos
Green Chutney (green paste) - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 large, finely chopped
Lemon juice - juice of 1/2 lemon
Curry leaves - 4-5 strands
Corn flour - 1 tsp + 3 tbsps of lukewarm water (optional)
For garam masala
Cardamom - 8 nos
Cloves - 8 nos
Cassia - 2 pieces
Coriander seeds - 1.5 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1.5 tsp
Dry roast all the spices and coarse grind it.
To make Green Chutney (Masala)
Coriander leaves - 1 bunch (without stem)
Mint leaves - 1 bunch (without stem)
Green Chillies - 6-8 nos
Garlic - 8 cloves
Ginger - 1.5" inch
Coconut - 2 tbsp (optional)
Lemon - juice of 1/2 lemon
In a blender, add all the ingredients (except lemon juice) and make a fine paste without adding water. Add lemon juice and mix well. Transfer this to an air tight container and store in refrigerator upto two weeks. Add this green chutney to your raita, chaat and also you can use it as sandwich filling.
Andhra Chilli Chicken Preparation
- In a large bowl, add washed and cleaned chicken pieces.
- To this add Turmeric powder, Kashmiri Chilli powder, Green paste and salt. Keep it for marination for min 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions. Add salt. Stir it till the onions become translucent or turn light brown in color. Add some curry leaves.
- Reduce the flame to low -medium and add the marinated Chicken pieces. Mix well and stir for 2 mins. Add the green chillies, combine well and cover and cook for few mins.
- Once all the juices (water) starts coming out from the Chicken, remove the lid and stir occasionally till oil starts appearing.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the garam masala powder.
- Check the salt and spice level at this point. Add green chillies if you need it 'super spicy'.
- Mix 1 tsp corn flour with 3 tbsps of lukewarm water and add this to the Chicken masala.
- Add lemon juice and turn of the heat.
- Serve it hot with Rice, Chapathi or paratha.
Follow me on -
For any queries or feedback, call +91-9886771173 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org