Pazhampori... This golden beauty is my favourite tea time snack. This popular Banana fritters made of Nenthran variety banana is an absolute favourite snack for most of the Keralites. Today the weather demanded something hot to enjoy with tea. Here is the recipe which many of you guys (including Non-Malayalees) been asking me since long time -
Banana (Nenthran) - 1 (cut 1/2 and divide into thin slices)
Maida - 1/4 cup
Rice powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Cardamom pow - 1 pinch
Cumin - 1 pinch (crush using hands)
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Black sesame (optional) - 1/2 tsp
Salt (optional) - 1 pinch
Oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix everything.
- Make sure there are no lumps. Batter should be like Dosa batter consistency.
- Dip banana slices one at a time and gently drop in the hot oil.
- Cook it on low flame till both sides become golden brown.
- Remove fritters from the oil and keep it on a kitchen towel to avoid any excess oil.
- Serve hot with tea/coffee.
Follow me on -
For any queries or feedback, call +91-9886771173 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org