Who doesn't like a quick and easy meal? So here is my favorite comfort meal which can be prepared in less than half an hour and you can enjoy this meal while binge-watching your favorite Netflix show. Its Veg fried rice with Firecracker Chicken. You will get addicted to this sweet and spicy firecracker chicken. Usually, it's made with Buffalo sauce (hot sauce) and I didn't have it this time, so replaced it with Red Chilli Sauce and this was another hit dish.
Firecracker Chicken Recipe
Boneless Chicken - 2 breast pieces, cut it to 1-inch cubes
Cornflour - 2 tbsp
Egg - 1
Pepper powder - 3/4 tsp
Buffalo Sauce (Hot sauce)/Red Chilli Sauce - 150 ml
Brown Sugar - 2.5 tbsp
Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Red Chilli flakes - 1 tsp
Spring onion - 1 handful (chopped, for garnishing)
- In a bowl add chicken pieces, salt, and pepper powder. Crack in one egg, add cornflour, and mix everything well. Keep it aside for 15 mins.
- In a small bowl, add the hot sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and red chilli flakes and whisk it well.
- Heat oil in a pan and once the oil is hot add chicken pieces one by one. Once the lower part turns brown in color, turn the chicken pieces. Fry till golden brown on both sides.
- If you are frying in two batches, after frying the second batch, take out the chicken pieces combine it with the first batch fried chicken and put it in hot oil again for a few seconds. This way the chicken pieces will remain crunchy.
- Heat a wok/pan, add the prepared sauce, and toss the chicken pieces in it. Make sure all the pieces are coated well with the sauce. Garnish with Spring onion and serve it hot with fried rice or Hakka noodles.
Veg Fried Rice
Cooked Rice - 4 cups (use leftover rice/ prepare fresh rice before 2-3 hours of cooking and leave it in the fridge)
Assorted Vegetables (Carrot, Beans, Zucchini, Baby corn) - 1 cup
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Light Soya sauce - 1 tbsp
Vinegar - 1 tsp
Spring onion and celery - chopped, for garnishing
Sesame oil / vegetable oil - 2-3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a wok and add the vegetables and sprinkle some salt.
- Saute till the vegetables become soft. Keep the flame high.
- For making this process fast, cover it for 2 mins (on medium flame).
- Once the veggies are done, add cooked rice and add salt. Do not put too much salt as Soya sauce contains salt.
- Saute for a min and add pepper powder, soya sauce, and vinegar. Combine well and turn off the heat. Garnish it with chopped spring onion and celery.
- Serve it hot.
Follow me on -
For any queries or feedback, call +91-9886771173 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org