It's meemee (fish) time. Meen/Fish is an integral part of an average Malayali household. Being from a coastal town, Kochi I really miss the fresh seafood we get there abundantly. Daily morning people will come to the doorstep and sell their fresh catch of the day. In Bangalore, we don't have any privileges like that. We completely depend on neighborhood fish shops or online services.
This Seer fish fry is damn easy to make and you will love the flavors. So here is the fish fry recipe
Seer/ Neimeen or any fish - 500 gms
Chilli powder - 2 tbsp
Kashmiri Chilli powder - 2 tbsp
Garlic - 4 pods
Ginger - 1" inch
Shallots/Small onion - 2 nos
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Pepper - 3/4 tbsp
Vinegar - 1 - 1.5 tsp
Curry leaves - 4 strands
Coconut oil for frying
Water - 2-3 tbsp (for grinding masala)
- Wash and clean fish pieces. In the last rinse add a spoon of Vinegar and wash fish pieces. This will help to avoid any strong smell.
- In a blender, grind Ginger, garlic, pepper, turmeric powder, chilli powder, shallots, vinegar, and salt. Add water gradually and make a smooth paste.
- Sprinkle some salt on the fish pieces.
- Apply masala evenly on fish pieces. Coat well and marinate it for 20-30 mins.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan (preferably flat pan) and place the curry leaves strands on it.
- Place the fish pieces on the griddle and fry it on low flame for about 3 mins on each side.
- Keep frying till the masala coated on fish slices looks crunchy.
- Once both sides are cooked, turn off the heat and remove from the pan after 1-2 mins.
- Enjoy this fish fry with rice and curry or just with some fresh salad on the side.
Follow me on -
Facebook - You gotta try it
For any queries or feedback, call +91-9886771173 or send a mail to email@example.com
Post a Comment