Have you ever tried Tempeh? I been using Tempeh from past 2+ years and one of my favourite brands Hello Tempayy, a Bangalore based company for Tempeh products sent across their two new flavours. So people who don't know about Tempeh, please read next few lines to make this part of your healthy lifestyle.
Tempeh is a plant based bean protein which has mild nutty taste, a hearty texture and it easily absorbs any flavour you mix with it. Tempeh is a powerhouse of protein and also super rich in Iron, fibre and Vitamin B12.
Tempayy, traditionally spelt as Tempeh or Tempe, is made by fermenting whole non-GMO Soybeans using techniques dating back several centuries. It has no preservatives and is considered the healthiest way to consume soybeans.
Tempeh is gluten-free, dairy-free, low in carbs, GI (Glycemic index) and fats, and really good for a healthy gut. Hello Tempayy has variety of tempeh products and you can use it as cubes or mince and add it in your curries, salads, wraps and wide range of recipes. Another advantage is that it takes only 6-8 mins to cook tempeh. I have tried their flavoured tempayys before and absolutely enjoyed it.
I made Beetroot Spaghetti with Peri Peri Tempayy and sun dried tomato pesto and it came out sooooo good. You can use any pasta for this recipe and also play around with the flavours. Here is the recipe for the same -
Beetroot Spaghetti with Peri Peri Tempayy & Sun dried Tomato Pesto
Spaghetti or pasta your choice - 100 gms
Peri Peri Tempayy or Plain Tempayy - 1 packet (200 gms)
Onion - 1 (medium, finely chopped)
Sun dried tomato pesto - 175 gms (I used Livingfood's pesto)
Garlic pods - 8 nos, finely chopped
Tomato - 1 medium, finely chopped
Green chilli - 2 nos, finely chopped
Dried rosemary - 3/4 tsp
Dried Italian herb mix - 1/2 tsp
Cheese - as required (I used Himalayan Cheddar Cheese with Chilli)
Salt - as required
Extra Vigin Olive oil - as required
Water - to boil pasta
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat extra virgin oil and add chopped garlic, green chillies, dried herbs and chopped onions. Saute well till onions become translucent.
- Boil water in a deep vessel and add salt+ few drops of oil and boil pasta. Once pasta is cooked according to your taste level, drain the excess water.
- Once onions become translucent add chopped tomato and sauté well.
- In a mixer/chopper, mince the tempeh cubes.
- Add the minced tempeh in pasta mix and saute for 4-6 mins.
- Add Sun dried tomato pesto and salt to the tempeh mix and saute for 2 mins.
- Add the cooked pasta and combine everything.
- Turn off the flame and add grated cheese and fresh herbs like chopped parsley or microgreens.
- Serve it hot and enjoy it with a glass of wine :)
- Check out the instructions on Pasta packet and cook accordingly. Add sufficient amount of salt + few drops of oil in boiling water before adding pasta.
- Garnish pasta with fresh herbs (parsley, rosemary, or thyme) / micro greens and grated cheese of your preference.
- You can use the water boiled for pasta as stock while making the pasta base.
For interesting tempayy recipes, check out - https://hellotempayy.com
Follow me on -
Facebook - You gotta try it
For any queries or feedback, call +91-9886771173 or send a mail to email@example.com
Post a Comment