Prawns – 250 gms
Onion – 1 big, finely chopped
Green chilli- 2 small, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 inch, finely chopped
Garlic – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, finely chopped
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Kashmiri red chilly powder- 1 ½ tbsp
Crushed pepper – ½ tsp
Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Wash and clean the prawns. Into this add little bit masala- Turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, pepper powder and salt. Keep it aside for 10-15 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry prawns till both the sides fry well.
- Take out prawns from the oil and in the same oil, add chopped onions, sauté well.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic, curry leaves and green chilli and sauté till onion becomes brown in color.
- Add masala and saute till raw smells goes. Adjust the masala according to your taste level. Then add the chopped tomatoes, salt and mix well.
- Add the fried prawns into the masala and stir well. Close the pan with a lid and allow it cook for 2mins.
- Switch off the flame and keep the pan aside.
- Prepare the banana leaf for wrap by heating both sides on low flame. This is to avoid the leaf from tearing.
- Apply oil in banana leaf and spread the prawns masala in the center. Wrap it carefully and make a packet. Tie it with banana leaf thread.
- Heat a flat pan in low flame and apply oil. Keep the wrapped banana leaf packet in the pan and close it with a lid and fry both sides it becomes light brown in color.
- Remove the packet from the pan and open it before serving. Serve hot with rice or Indian bread :)