Coffee Sponge Drops
Light as air, this melt-in mouth cookies are with full of coffee flavor. Recipe is very simple.
All-purpose flour – 50 gm
Instant coffee powder – 1 tbsp
Eggs – 2 no’s
Caster sugar – 75 gm
For the filling
Low-fat soft cheese or Cream cheese – ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or baking parchment.
- Sift the flour and coffee powder together into a bowl. Make sure there are no lumps.
- In a large bowl, combine castor sugar and eggs. Beat this mix with an electric hand mixer until mousse like consistency.
- Add the sifted flour and coffee powder to the egg mixture and gently fold using a spatula. Be careful, not to knock out any air.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag. Slowly pipe 1 1/2inch/ 4cm thickness rounds on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12mins. Transfer and cool on a wire rack
- Sandwich the cookies with filling.
- Dust powdered sugar on the cookies. Tadaa.. Coffee Sponge Drops are ready to eat