Chicken – 1 kg
Chicken Masala – 2 tbsp (I used Eastern chicken masala)
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli flakes – ½ tsp (optional)
Ginger-garlic paste -1/2 tsp
Onion – ½ onion
Cashew nut – 15 (whole)
Onions – 4-5 medium, thinly sliced
Ginger- 1/2 inch, thinly sliced
Garlic – 7-8 pods, sliced
Green Chilli- 2-3 ( slit lengthwise)
Tomato – 3 small, finely chopped
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Chicken masala – 2 tbsp
Water – just to cover the chicken pieces *
Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Marinate chicken pieces with all masala (mentioned in marinade) and salt . Keep it for min 1 hour.
- Soak cashew nuts and onion in half cup water for 15 mins. In a blender, grind this to a thick paste.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat oil. Once the oil is ready, keep the flame in medium and add sliced onions, green chillies, ginger, garlic and curry leaves. Add salt. Saute onions and fry till light brown color.
- Reduce the flame to low and add rest of the masalas, fry for 2mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Saute till it's soft and oil starts appearing.
- At this stage add the chicken pieces and mix well for 2-3 mins.
- Add cashew-onion paste and mix well. Add water and stir well.
- Cover and cook for 20 mins on low heat, stir in between.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot with rice or Indian bread.
*Do not add more water, when chicken starts boiling water comes out from it. So add water just enough to cover the pieces.
*Chilli powder you can increase or reduce according to your taste level.
* You can replace cashew-onion paste with ½ cup of thick coconut milk.
Check out my fb page, You gotta try it
Post a Comment