Peanut Butter Pancakes with Palm Jaggery-Coffee-Cinnamon Syrup
A very yummy and easy to prepare breakfast recipe. Pancake recipe inspired by Nigella Express :)
Serves- 4 (makes 12-14 pancakes)
Cooking time: 15 mins
All purpose flour - 225 gm (Sifted)
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1 inch
Baking powder - 1 tbsp
Peanut butter - 2 tbsp (Melted)
Milk - 300 ml
Butter - 30 gm (Melted)
Eggs - 3, beaten (If it is big, use only 2 no's)
Butter/clarified butter - for frying
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients - all purpose flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add butter, beaten eggs, and milk to this mix. Mix well to avoid any lumps. I used electric hand mixer to mix the batter.
- Add melted peanut butter to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a flat pan on low-medium flame and apply butter.
- Pour a small amount of batter(1/4 cup) and rotate the pan or spread using a ladle.
- When bubbles start appearing, flip it and cook the other side
For Palm Jaggery-Coffee-Cinnamon Syrup
Palm jaggery - 75 gms
Instant coffee powder - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
Water - 3/4 cup
- In a pan, heat palm jaggery and water. Once jaggery starts melting, add cinnamon and coffee powder.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside to cool down.
- Serve hot pancakes with the syrup.
Post a Comment