I am enjoying this lockdown time by cooking something special almost on daily basis. This is the time to enjoy mangoes to the fullest and I got three variety mangoes from a Mango vendor from Kolar. The Himampasand, Alphonso and Banganapalli mangoes were too good. Using Alphonso mangoes, I created a simple Bengali dessert called Aam Bhapa Doi (Don't forget to read the note) :)
Cooking time: ~45 mins
Mango - 1 (I used puree of 1 Alphonso mango)
Condensed Milk - 400 gm ( 1 tin)
Yogurt - 400 gm
Cardamom powder - 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
Pistachios - chopped, for garnishing
Mango pieces - for garnishing
- In a bowl, whisk hung/set yogurt.
- To the yogurt, add condensed milk, mango puree, and cardamom powder. Whisk well to ensure no lumps are there.
- Transfer the Aam Doi mix to a bowl/claypot in which you want to steam and cover it using aluminium foil.
- Heat water in the steamer and once water is hot, place the bowl(s) and cover it with a lid. Steam the mango mix for 20-30 mins.
- Once Aam Bhapa Doi is ready, take out from the steamer and leave it to cool down. Bring it to room temperature.
- Refrigerate Aam Bhapa Doi for 6-8 hours before consuming.
- Before serving garnish the dessert with chopped pistachios and mango pieces.
Follow me on -
For any queries or feedback, call +91-9886771173 or send a mail to email@example.com