Turmeric is used in Asian cuisine since thousands of years. It has got natural anti-septic and antibacterial properties. Since it has got a good antioxidant value, in India 'turmeric milk' is widely used. Turmeric gives nice flavor and yellow color to any dish. It also helps in curing throat infection or cough related problems. Nowadays turmeric is becoming very popular in Western cuisine as well. In Kerala, we use turmeric in every recipe. It's a part of our daily life. I thought of making something interesting with turmeric and the first thing came to my mind was Ice cream. It's summer time and body needs to cool down a bit, so why not creating a dessert which has got a lot of medicinal values. Many people asked me about the taste of this icecream. This is one of the yummiest icecream I had in recent times. So here is the recipe for an eggless, no-churn turmeric ice cream :)
Cooking time: 15 mins
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Heavy cream - 400 ml (I used Amul cream with 25% fat content)
Condensed milk - 400 gm
Milk - 50 ml
- In a sauce pan heat milk with turmeric powder and let it cool down in room temperature.
- Pour the heavy cream in to a large bowl.
- Using an electric hand mixer/stand mixer, beat the heavy cream until stiff peak forms.
- Add the condensed milk to the whipped cream and beat once again for 2-3mins.
- Add turmeric milk to this and beat once again to mix well.
- Transfer this mix to a air tight container and store it in freezer for min 4-6 hours before using.
- You can store this up to one week.
- While serving add chopped dry fruits or fresh fruits.
Follow me on Facebook, You gotta try it
For any queries or feedback, send a mail to email@example.com