Pahadi Mutton Curry sounds as good as it tastes. This recipe is very close to my heart. I got this recipe from my trekking guide from Himachal Pradesh. On the last day of our trekking (in June 2019), our trekking guide Budhi Singh made this amazing dish for the group. This simple mutton curry literally saved us from the bone chilling cold. You can try this recipe with kathal (raw jackfruit) as well. It taste heavenly. So here is the recipe with ingredients available in your kitchen -
Pahadi Mutton Curry
Mutton - 500 gms
Onion - 300 gms (finely chopped)
Green Chilli - 3-4 nos
Ginger - 2" inch (crushed)
Garlic - 6-7 cloves (crushed)
Tomato (chopped) - 2 medium
Turmeric powder - 3/4 tsp
Meat Masala - 1 tbsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder - 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
Water - 200 ml
Coriander leaves - one handful
Mustard oil / Sunflower oil - as required
Salt - as required
- Wash and clean the mutton. Cut it into small pieces and transfer the meat to a strainer for removing excess water.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and fry onions till golden brown.
- Once onions turn nice and brown, add chilli powder, turmeric powder, and other masala powders.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and stir well. Add crushed garlic and ginger as well. Fry tomatoes till it turns mushy.
- Add mutton pieces, salt, and fry on low flame till water starts coming out from the meat.
- After frying for 8-10 mins, add 1 cup water and put on the pressure cooker lid.
- Cook the mutton on low flame till 2-3 whistles (almost 10 mins). Turn off the flame.
- Once the pressure is settled, cook it for 8-10 mins (add water if required). Add sliced green chillies at this stage.
- Adjust salt and garnish the curry with coriander leaves.
- Serve Pahadi mutton curry with hot parathas/rice.
Follow me on -
Facebook - You gotta try it
For any queries or feedback, call +91-9886771173 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a Comment