A simple weekend lunch – Garlicky Spaghetti with herbs, olives and garnished with roasted charoli seeds. I just experimented with few ingredients available at home and it turned out very delicious
Cooking time: 20 mins
Spaghetti - 200gm
Garlic - 6-7 cloves, sliced
Green chilli - 2, finely chopped
Yellow bell pepper - 3 Tbsp, chopped
Crushed red chilli flakes - 1/4 tsp
Spring onion - 3 Tbsp, finely chopped
Arrabbiata sauce - 1 Tbsp
Black olives - 7-8, sliced
Roasted charoli or Chironji seeds - 4 Tbsp
Oilive oil - 2 Tbsp
Tomato - 1 medium, finely chopped
Dried rosemary - 1 pinch
Dried parsley - 1 pinch
- Boil Spaghetti by instructions given in the packet. For a nonsticky spaghetti, add two drops of olive oil in boiling water. Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain well and spread it on a plate.
- In a wok or big pan, Heat oil and then add garlic and green chillies. Saute well for about a min or until the raw smell goes. Keep the flame in low- medium.
- Add chopped bell pepper, red chilli flakes, spring onions,tomato and arrabbiata sauce. When oil starts coming out, add sliced olives, dried rosemary, dried parsley, salt and mix well.
- Add spaghetti to the sauce and mix well.
- Garnish with Charoli seeds and serve hot.